Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!!


Mom and coley got here on wednesday,they came the day before Turkey day so that they wouldn't have to tackle the madness of traffic on turkey day, plus my mom also needed to cook her ham and make her famous gravy for yummy mashed potatoes...
So that night, brian made his famous chicken fetticuine alfredo...mmmmm i love that stuff, he is so awesome in the kitchen. I had been handmaking pies all day long.



My first pie i have every made was moms blackberry raspberry pie... i even made the crust,


it turned out awesome, i had so much fun makin it, that i moved on to the other two pies i needed to bake. I made coley a two layer chocolate silk pie, which was probably my favorite, her and taylor ate that one all gone..lol.


And then I made a caramel pumpkin pie for Brian and I, since we are the only ones out of the family who likes pumpkin... more for us!!!...

(I didn't decorate this one until we ate it... we had no more room in the fridge. lol. but we decorated it with whipped cream and caramel of course!!... yum!)


my pies turned out great! I was really proud of myself, considering i had never made pies completely from scratch before. And of course i had Taylors help!!.. lol.







Then she helped mom and coley make rice crispy treats.. which were also very yummy!!... We just enjoyed our company that night, played some games, stayed up late, you know the usual. lol.

Taybugz lickin the spoons clean!!.. that was her only job those few days!!>..lol
Here Grandma, have some!!...

Happy turkey Day!!.. we cooked all day in the kitchen, and my dad was makin the trip that day to come to our house for turkey day!!>.. you know you make a good turkey, when a vegatarian tells you your turkey looks good. lol. I thought I would never hear those words come from my dads mouth EVER!!!... Compliments to Brian... He made the best turkey in the world, seriously this turkey would knock your socks off.. it was so yummy so moist... mmmmmm... it was great. And my mom never eats the white meat cuz she says its too dry, but she ate the white meat from brians turkey, she was amazed at how perfect his turkey was. I had faith in him the entire time. I wasn't worried not even for a second!...

isn't this delicious!!!!


he also made his yummy mashed potatoes, which went perfect with moms famous gravy...

Coley stirring the gravy!!!

turkey dinner was amazing, and now im craving it just reliving it all over again. I actually think my mouth is starting to water!!!... lol. the sad part is Im not even joking... lol. anyways. we had a great feast.. i could eat the leftovers day after day after day... mmmmm....

Taylor diggin in to her turkey dinner!!!!


Everyone stuffed their bellys full, we worked as a team in the kitchen to put everything away and clean up, we were done in no time. we sat down to enjoy some jeff dunham... he's helliarious...











i think just about everyone fell asleep from their full bellys.. my dad stayed a couple nights, and mom and coley stayed until monday!!... Since we had the family together we did Birthdays... Coleys birthday is nov 28th, and mine is only a few days after hers.. dec, 1. We had great birthdays, we got great gifts. My wonderful hubby and daughter got me a pink ipod, im in love with it!!... never had one before, its great... i told everyone ipod accessories for xmas please!!!>.. lol. cuz i was so excited!!.. lol. needless to say i've been downloading music like crazy for it!!... lol.

so we ended the night with our birthdays and some delicous pie!!!... perfect end to the night!!... taylor loved her piece of pie, she ate every little crumb of it!!... lol.


There she is again lickin the whipped cream spoon clean.. after decorating pies to eat...

Coley givin her a boost..lol

So now that we had all the sale papers, and were able to plan our black friday shopping day!!... it was time for bed, cuz we were gettin up early =) happy shopping!!!...

Taylor scopin out the sales, and makin her chrismtas list.

2 comments:

lydia +1 said...

i'm glad your birthday was good and your thanksgiving.I've been waiting for something new from you. i love reading about your cute little girl.

3 boys in 3 years said...

hey cuz!!! it sounds like you guys had so much fun and WOW your turkey does look amazing!!! i want the recipe for your chocolate silk pie!!! YUMMY!!! can't wait to see you guys!